Why Do You Have Termites in Your Belmar Home?
All termites are attracted to wood. However, some types of termites are attracted to moist wood while others are attracted to dry wood. Another type of termites known as subterranean love to have moist soil near the wood as well. Having termites does not mean that your building is in disrepair or that you have not cared for it properly. Instead, the general weather patterns, humidity, placement of wood in your structure and current cracks in the exterior of your structure could be attracting these insects without your knowledge.
How Termites Damage Homes and Businesses
Termites love to eat any wood that they can get to and can wreak havoc on the structural integrity of your home or business in no time at all. Over time, certain parts of the structure could actually buckle, leading to broken floors, caved-in roofs, sagging doors and windows and visible mazes over walls. Unfortunately, once you can see this type of damage, the infestation is already quite large.
Signs of a Termite Infestation
Obviously, if you can already see some of the damage noted above, that is a clear sign of an infestation. However, there may be some other signs that you will notice before this. These could include the following:
- Soft clicking sounds coming from inside your walls
- Flying termites, particularly after rainfall
- Discarded termite wings seen near or in the structure
- White insects that appear similar to ants
- Hollow-sounding wood
- Tunnels through visible wood
- Termite droppings known as frass that appear as black droppings or dark powder
- Peeling paint or other signs that look like water damage
- Tiny holes in drywall
- Windows and doors that are difficult to open
- Tubes of mud around the outside of the structure
How to Get Rid of Termites in Your Belmar Home or Business
Because termites are so problematic and because they create so much damage that you cannot even see, you must opt for professional help if you have noticed any of these concerning signs. A-Academy can provide termite control services to help you get rid of these insects for good at your Belmar residence or business. Plus, we can even help repair structural damage following removal of these dreaded insects. Call us today to get a free service quote.